Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So Sad

Just got off the phone with my best friend back home. Her mum passed away suddenly yesterday. I'm in shock and I think she is too. The worst part is that I am so far away and I can't get back to support her.

This really hit home for me as this is the second sudden death I have faced for the last 2-3 years. My uncle died without any last words and he was healthy! But I guess there is little suffering in both cases, which is a "blessing" in a way. My grandma used to say that it is good fortune to die in sleep.

The departure of a loved one is never a easy thing and people always say that time will heal the hurt. I really wish this to be true for my dearest friend. My own experience is that time only dulls the pain not totally heals it.

If you are reading this my dearest friend, hang in there. Give me a buzz if you want to talk. We can Skype. You will always be in my thoughts. Take care.

No comments: